• Please log in to reply

&nsbp;

#1 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:36 AM

She mentions their being called to Rockwall Tx to pastor Church On The Rock. I think we've discussed this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscftE3XIVM&feature=related

#2 Flame

Flame

Fire Baptized

• Elite Member
  • 27,093 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Skin: He is Risen

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

Possibly but from what I remember she didn't look like that. But that is a really old video.

I was just trying to figure out today who else it was that has a church there, but couldnt find online what I was looking for

----------------

The flame tender ( fire keeper) keeps the flames of fire burning hot. This eternal fire is where prayers and sacrifices are offered.

Lev.6:13Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.

#3 Flame

Flame

Fire Baptized

• Elite Member
  • 27,093 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

Rodney has had a real good friend from way back in his revival years ago and that looks like his wife. But I can't place the name. I'll hunt for it

----------------

The flame tender ( fire keeper) keeps the flames of fire burning hot. This eternal fire is where prayers and sacrifices are offered.

Lev.6:13Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.

#4 Fuego

Fuego

Double Diamond Member

• Administrators
  • 17,128 posts
  • 68 thanks
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

Unless that was someone that took over for them, then it seems it would have to be his wife.

#5 Flame

Flame

Fire Baptized

• Elite Member
  • 27,093 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

I know her name was Melva.

Who was pastor there when
he left?

----------------

#6 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:22 AM

I know her name was Melva.

Who was pastor there when
he left?

You mean who came in to follow his pastorate? I'd have to google that to be sure. The church fell into decline after Larry left, Larry and his wife eventually divorced (sad) and the baptists bought the building and gave it a real trendy name.

#7 Jewel

Jewel

• 6,908 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm at a loss for words, to see that kind of pain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not one drop of Your blood was wasted.

#8 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

I'm at a loss for words, to see that kind of pain.

That really grabbed my heart last night. I felt it.

#9 peace

peace

Gold Member

• Expert Member
  • 3,449 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • Skin: Warm

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

I hope they asked her if she wanted this out there for all to see and listen. I know it was in a meeting, but really, everything is NOT for You Tube.

#10 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

I hope they asked her if she wanted this out there for all to see and listen. I know it was in a meeting, but really, everything is NOT for You Tube.

I agree. Yet, when you are in ministry you have no secret life, it's like life in a fishbowl. How much moreso when it's a large church such as Church On The Rock and especially after being investigated on a national primetime news program. This probably didnt bother her much in my opinion.

It is a very encouraging video for those that understand what happens when the Holy Spirit revives the soul and emotions in the midst of life's worst trials and pain. My heart goes out to her. I know how she feels.

The best part is that in this clip she is with those that love her. Thank you, Jesus.

#11 Jewel

Jewel

• 6,908 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

I agree. Yet, when you are in ministry you have no secret life, it's like life in a fishbowl. How much moreso when it's a large church such as Church On The Rock and especially after being investigated on a national primetime news program. This probably didnt bother her much in my opinion.

It is a very encouraging video for those that understand what happens when the Holy Spirit revives the soul and emotions in the midst of life's worst trials and pain. My heart goes out to her. I know how she feels.

The best part is that in this clip she is with those that love her. Thank you, Jesus.

Thanks for posting that. I wasn't familiar with them or what had happened. I understand her grief. I wept exactly like that for a year.

Praise God, He is faithful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not one drop of Your blood was wasted.

#12 FaithfulOne

FaithfulOne

Diamond Member

• Elite Member
  • 8,048 posts
  • 91 thanks
  • Skin: Seascape
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

Laughing and crying at the same time...you know that's God...

I felt her pain too, as well as her joy...

Faith is a rest, and when you get into that place of rest, then the battle has changed hands. GOD has taken over.

~Bill Winston

#13 DElder

DElder

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

No, this is not Melva Lea. This is Vicky Hankins, Pastor Michael Hankins wife who co-pastored Church on the Rock in Rockwall Texas while the Leas were the Senior Pastors.

They didn't start the church - Pastor Larry and Melva Lea started Church on the Rock. They are all very sweet people. Haven't seen them in years but I was blessed by both of their ministries.

I believe Pastors Michael and Vicky Hankins now pastor a church in Rowlett, Texas. Many Blessings to you - :-)

#14 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

No, this is not Melva Lea. This is Vicky Hankins, Pastor Michael Hankins wife who co-pastored Church on the Rock in Rockwall Texas while the Leas were the Senior Pastors.

They didn't start the church - Pastor Larry and Melva Lea started Church on the Rock. They are all very sweet people. Haven't seen them in years but I was blessed by both of their ministries.

I believe Pastors Michael and Vicky Hankins now pastor a church in Rowlett, Texas. Many Blessings to you - :-)

DElder, welcome to the forums and thank you for clarifying. :mrgreen:

#15 CatchyUsername

CatchyUsername

Double Diamond Member

• Expert Member
  • 14,296 posts
  • 231 thanks
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

DElder, welcome to the forums and thank you for clarifying. :mrgreen:

2 years later.

Posted Image

#16 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

2 years later.

Gotta love it :lol:

#17 A.J.

A.J.

Most Honorable Canadian Member

• Moderators
  • 4,082 posts
  • 42 thanks
  • Skin: Tropical Breeze
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi and Welcome! I hope you aren't just a one time poster!

I found this website:
Our Pastors

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><~ ~ ~><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

#18 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

When I read her (Vicky) name at 0-dark:thirty this morning I nearly fell off the chair and spilled my coffee.

#19 A.J.

A.J.

Most Honorable Canadian Member

• Moderators
  • 4,082 posts
  • 42 thanks
  • Skin: Tropical Breeze
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

When I read her (Vicky) name at 0-dark:thirty this morning I nearly fell off the chair and spilled my coffee.

:lol:

I wondered and had a chuckle!

Who knew, eh?

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><~ ~ ~><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

#20 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

:lol:

I wondered and had a chuckle!

Who knew, eh?

After all the years of wild stuff we've seen happen with certain new members posting in the middle of the night I couldnt help but to flinch when I first read it :lol:

Then, after regaining a moment of early morning composure and clarity of mind I thought, "nah, that's not about her".