A.A. Allen - They lied about his death.

• Please log in to reply

&nsbp;

#1 Guest_danyl777_*

Guest_danyl777_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

I don't know if you have heard about this but it is heavily reported on the internet that A.A. Allen died of alcohol poisoning. Which many many years ago bothered me and I had given up on the pentecostal move because of things like those. Though I wasn't actually saved then, still it caused me to leave the pentecostal churches and throwing away his books. The devil is such a rotten thief.

Here is an excert from wikipeidia; Allen died at the Jack Tar Hotel in San Francisco, California on June 11, 1970 at the age of 59.[8] The coroner reported that Allen had died of a probably heart attack, with a secondary cause of death being "acute alcoholism and fatty infiltration of the liver." It later came to light that the coroner had been paid money to falsely slant the statements on the report. The coroner later returned the money that he had been paid to Allen's estate with apology, and is said by some to have committed suicide. Allen was buried at Miracle Valley, Arizona on June 15, 1970.

So God has brought out the truth. The coroner lied. Sadly it also says that some said the coroner commited suicide. If that is true, doesn't that sound like Judas. Judas also returned the money from adding in discrediting and betraying the Lord Jesus, and Judas also after returning the money commited suicide.

So the truth is revealed, A.A. Allen was no hypocrite or alcoholic, he was a man of God.

#2 PASTOR'S WIFE

PASTOR'S WIFE

HEAVEN BOUND

• 405 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Skin: CC Default
  • LocationCINCINNATI

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

My husband was saved in A.A. Allen's meeting back in the 60's. He was raised Luthern and had never seen a miracle. He took his grandparents to Allen's tent revival and saw them pray for a baby whose legs were on backwards. Bro. Allen told the congregation to close their eyes and stretch their hands and pray. My husband kept his eyes open and watched and that baby's legs turned around like they should be. That made a believer out of a teenage boy. He said no one could fake a baby's healing when he watched it right before his eyes. Later on my husband was filled with the Holy Ghost and even got to usher at Allen's tent meetings in Orlando. We also got to see him one night after a meeting in Tampa. he had gone to a local hamburger restaurant after church - just eating a hamburger and left. No fancy stuff - just a plain man of GOD. Yes we heard the alcohol rummors but never believed them. My husband always wanted to be an evangelist but GOD called him to pastoring instead.
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY. GOD BLESS. PASTOR'S WIFE

I will bless the Lord at ALL times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

What shall I render unto the Lord for all HIS benefits toward me?

#3 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

My husband was saved in A.A. Allen's meeting back in the 60's. He was raised Luthern and had never seen a miracle. He took his grandparents to Allen's tent revival and saw them pray for a baby whose legs were on backwards. Bro. Allen told the congregation to close their eyes and stretch their hands and pray. My husband kept his eyes open and watched and that baby's legs turned around like they should be. That made a believer out of a teenage boy. He said no one could fake a baby's healing when he watched it right before his eyes. Later on my husband was filled with the Holy Ghost and even got to usher at Allen's tent meetings in Orlando. We also got to see him one night after a meeting in Tampa. he had gone to a local hamburger restaurant after church - just eating a hamburger and left. No fancy stuff - just a plain man of GOD. Yes we heard the alcohol rummors but never believed them. My husband always wanted to be an evangelist but GOD called him to pastoring instead.
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY. GOD BLESS. PASTOR'S WIFE

I dont believe the rumors either, sis. Thank you for giving that testimony. That is exactly what signs, wonders and miracles are for :wavetowel2:

#4 GreyWtr

GreyWtr

• 47 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

If I remember correctly is that some Mainline Pastors jealous of him were the cause of this.

#5 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

If I remember correctly is that some Mainline Pastors jealous of him were the cause of this.

I think that is what was implied or brought up directly in the book, "God's Generals".

#6 FaithfulOne

FaithfulOne

Diamond Member

• Elite Member
  • 8,048 posts
  • 91 thanks
  • Skin: Seascape
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Do you all remember A.A Allen's soloist/choir leader for his crusades, Gene Martin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr40yZFS0PA&feature=related (this one is my favorite!!)

I had never heard of him until the Azusa conferences in Tulsa...Gene had come one year and sang on one of the Azusa recordings...

988lXRGVvEo&feature

Faith is a rest, and when you get into that place of rest, then the battle has changed hands. GOD has taken over.

~Bill Winston

#7 Fuego

Fuego

Double Diamond Member

• Administrators
  • 17,128 posts
  • 68 thanks
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:26 AM

Shambach also worked with him. I think he was like his assistant or something.

I heard Shambauch tell the most amazing story where in one of Allen's meetings every person was healed of whatever was wrong with them including things like nearsightedness, farsightedness, etc. God did a major healing on a baby on the platform that was deformed I believe, had no eyes, etc. God completley healed the baby in front of everyone and after that happened His power moved through the place and healed every physical infirmity in the auditorium.

#8 Nikos

Nikos

Saved and filled with the Holy Ghost

• Elite Member
  • 6,682 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

I never heard Allen in person, but I was on his mailing list. About two months before he died there were rumors everywhere that he had died. I received a special letter that he sent out and he assured us that he was alive and well. Strangely, in about 30 days he actually did die. I thought that was unusual but I am not reading anything into it.

I have videos of his meetings. They also show Shambach when he was a young man leading the songs. I have met Shambach. He is a fun person to be around.

#9 revfan

revfan

• 107 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

This is a refreshing thread to read about Brother Allen. I have known several older ministers who spoke so little of all the positive sides of Brother Allen's ministry, and only focused on the rumours. Of course, nobody could ever trace exactly who the supposed 'so-called' first hand accounts of drunkenness came from, but they always knew the stories and were ready to share them. I asked a couple of these people...'were you there, or, did you actually know the person who said it'. Not one could ever trace or produce a name...only rumours.

I have met Brother Schambach several times; Gene Martin and I attended the same church in Atlanta for a few years; I correspond with Brother Allens' son, and his Office Manager, and all get upset at mention of these abuses of truth vs. fact. I wasn't there either, so I don't know what happened..but I would say that if you weight the FRUIT of A.A. Allen's ministry vs. the vicious rumours that have prevailed all these years...to me at least...I tend to lean towards thanking God for a man who had such a powerful ministry and was a witness of a power and faith that few have ever enjoyed to that degree.

I also find it interesting that most who poke holes at him are those who, shall we say, not gifted or anointed to Brother Allen's degree. Plus for many it's easier to try to find fault than prefer a brother or sister.

Thanks for posting this though 'danyl'. I had not heard of the story of the coroner before.

#10 Nikos

Nikos

Saved and filled with the Holy Ghost

• Elite Member
  • 6,682 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationIowa

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:09 AM

I had not heard of the story of the coroner before

Isn't this just another rumor? Most of these stories, pro and con, cannot be proven. Its all a guessing game.

#11 revfan

revfan

• 107 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:07 AM

Isn't this just another rumor? Most of these stories, pro and con, cannot be proven. Its all a guessing game.

It may well be, but I am thankful for Brother Allen's ministry either way.

#12 LadyP

LadyP

Valiant Woman

• Elite Member
  • 6,186 posts
  • 156 thanks
  • Skin: Serenity
  • LocationFrom Detroit, MI now living in Broken Arrow, OK

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

In his book, "God's Generals", Roberts Liardon states that Allen experienced excruciating pain (I don't recall the ailment right now) that prescribed medicine didn't relieve. He related that Allen used alcohol for medicinal purposes because that was the only way he could get relief for the pain. When he was found dead, there were bottles of alcohol in the room and that, according to Liardon, is how the rumors of alcoholism began. If I remember correctly, I believe Liardon said it was Allen's doctor who suggested Allen use the alcohol for pain. It's been a few years since I read the book, but that is the gist of the story.

#13 gcnengineer

gcnengineer

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

This part of the quote was removed from Wikipedia almost immediately. It simply wasn't true. Even Don Stewart, who took over Allen's Ministry affirms that he was cleaning up the room in order to protect the ministry. That AA Allen was drunk that evening, there remains no doubt. This version of the coroner who lied cannot be found anywhere else. Somone simply made it up. The actual coroner report said, "...when Allen died he had a blood alcohol content of .36, which was "enough to insure a deep coma".

Sometimes the facts do have meaning, although I doubt they will have meaning here.

Here is an excert from wikipeidia; Allen died at the Jack Tar Hotel in San Francisco, California on June 11, 1970 at the age of 59.[8] The coroner reported that Allen had died of a probably heart attack, with a secondary cause of death being "acute alcoholism and fatty infiltration of the liver." It later came to light that the coroner had been paid money to falsely slant the statements on the report. The coroner later returned the money that he had been paid to Allen's estate with apology, and is said by some to have committed suicide. Allen was buried at Miracle Valley, Arizona on June 15, 1970.

#14 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

This part of the quote was removed from Wikipedia almost immediately. It simply wasn't true. Even Don Stewart, who took over Allen's Ministry affirms that he was cleaning up the room in order to protect the ministry. That AA Allen was drunk that evening, there remains no doubt. This version of the coroner who lied cannot be found anywhere else. Somone simply made it up. The actual coroner report said, "...when Allen died he had a blood alcohol content of .36, which was "enough to insure a deep coma".

Sometimes the facts do have meaning, although I doubt they will have meaning here.

Welcome to the forums! That excerpt from Wiki is most likely taken from "God's Generals". I recall reading of this in the copy I have in my personal library. Thanx for posting that. :thumb:

#15 Fuego

Fuego

Double Diamond Member

• Administrators
  • 17,128 posts
  • 68 thanks
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:03 AM

Welcome to the forums! That excerpt from Wiki is most likely taken from "God's Generals". I recall reading of this in the copy I have in my personal library. Thanx for posting that. :thumb:

I heard Bobby Conner teaching from Morning Star on God TV one time during their 'Honoring the Fathers' conference talking about mentioning AA Allen in a sermon someplace and basically relaying what he read from God's Generals about Allen dying drunk, etc. I don't remember the exact details, but basically he said Jesus appeared to him and said that he had lied about His servant and that Allen had died righteous before Him and that he needed to go back to that congregation and correct himself.

#16 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

I heard Bobby Conner teaching from Morning Star on God TV one time during their 'Honoring the Fathers' conference talking about mentioning AA Allen in a sermon someplace and basically relaying what he read from God's Generals about Allen dying drunk, etc. I don't remember the exact details, but basically he said Jesus appeared to him and said that he had lied about His servant and that Allen had died righteous before Him and that he needed to go back to that congregation and correct himself.

Liardon didnt believe it either in fact (if I recall) he tried to cast dispersion or try to correct the rumors.

#17 Kay

Kay

• 6,893 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Ducking in (and back out again - a friend told me about the hilarity happening on the prophecy forum and I had to come see for myself. ::note to self:: Computers have images that talk too. Enough of that)

Pastor Jack, our mentor, knew AA Allen well - he says that any rumor that Allen was an alcoholic is 1000% a lie.

‎"The devil wouldn't be called a "thief" if God gave him permission to steal." -- via Saints not Sinners on Facebook

ἡ γὰρ ἀποκαραδοκία τῆς κτίσεως τὴν ἀποκάλυψιν τῶν υἱῶν τοῦ θεοῦ ἀπεκδέχεται
Romans 8:19

H2O -- --> C2H6O

Posted Image
Scan the code with your smartphone, or jump to my contacts page!

#18 Firebrand

Firebrand

Platinum Member

• 34,650 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Ducking in (and back out again - a friend told me about the hilarity happening on the prophecy forum and I had to come see for myself. ::note to self:: Computers have images that talk too. Enough of that)

Pastor Jack, our mentor, knew AA Allen well - he says that any rumor that Allen was an alcoholic is 1000% a lie.

I wont tell anyone you were here :D

#19 Flame

Flame

Fire Baptized

• Elite Member
  • 27,093 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Skin: He is Risen

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

Hello Kathi :wavesmile:

I almost jumped out of my skin the day my computer started talking to me! I didnt know it could talk . For real, no joke.

----------------

The flame tender ( fire keeper) keeps the flames of fire burning hot. This eternal fire is where prayers and sacrifices are offered.

Lev.6:13Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out.

#20 Heather Joy

Heather Joy

• 278 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

I made Kathi look! I made Kathi look!

You really should hang out more often...next time I'll tell you about interesting thread and not an interesting thread.